2008 Brought it's share of surprises, transitions, and adventure! We moved from Richfield to Spirit Lake, Idaho in August, just in time for the boys to take their steers to the Northern Idaho Fair. We settled in to a sweet log cabin, started school, jobs, and church relationships. Then one day in early September, I received a call from my new step-father Harry Martin. He had searched and found my birth father Paul Mathis on the web, and called to give me his number. I called him immediately and left a message. To my surprise, he called within about an hour excited to be found and we talked for a long time. I was so amazed at how familiar he was and easy to talk to. So, we began a journey through the years. There is so much to share in the last 34 years. Yes, I'm really that old! (My mother and father seperated when I was just over a year old. What you might call a perfect storm.) After all these years, I am so glad God put it on Harry's heart to search for him. It has been a journey of reconciliation and my father has rededicated his heart to the Lord along the way. Here's some pictures of our visits. We went to a corn maze in October, played miniature golf, and had lunch at a Chinese Restaurant together. He came again for my birthday, and witnessed our Gingerbread House Contest. I will continue to share some highlights of this journey as the days pass.
Update on our status…
14 years ago
Sounds like you've had a busy and very blessed year. So glad you have a blog!
ReplyDeleteWe miss you guys a lot!